Can You Lend a Hand?
What could be better than enjoying a spectacular view of Lake Tahoe at Sand Harbor State Park, while supporting your local community? We rely on our fantastic group of enthusiastic volunteers to help run the Festival each year. As a Festival Volunteer, you’ll meet and work with other fun and caring people, support the arts in Northern Nevada and earn FREE Festival tickets! We welcome individuals and families to fill positions. And for corporate and civic groups, it’s a great team-building event. Whether you can support the Festival for a few hours or volunteer for many nights, we welcome you to join our family. Please check our volunteer calendar for scheduled shifts and to see what days we could use some extra hands. Click here to view the calendar.
Sign Up Today!
Available Volunteer Positions…
- Amphitheater Host: Help to usher and seat guests in all seating sections of our theater. Monitor compliance with theater policies, clean up during intermission and after performances. Complimentary dinner is provided by the Festival on work nights, provided that Volunteers agree to close the venue with House Management until approximately 11:00pm. Volunteers must be able to maneuver comfortably throughout the sand of the amphitheater and interact in a friendly fashion with all guests from 5:00pm – 11:00pm on show nights.
- Premium Seating Usher: Check in and assist guests to premium and accessible seating. 5:00 pm- 7:30 pm.
- Premium Seating Escort: Greet and escort Premium/Café Table guests from main gate to premium seat podium. Help facilitate wrist-banding at the podium. 5:00pm to 7:30pm
- Box Office: Distribute “will call” tickets, answer questions, and direct patrons from the Box Office to the venue always with the utmost customer service. From: 5:00 pm – 7:30 pm.
- Greeter: Welcome Festival guests and answer questions. Assist with directing people from the parking lot to the theater entrance. Assist with distributing guest surveys. 5:00 pm- 7:30 pm.
- Merchandise Sales Assistant: Assist Festival staff with merchandise sales and the nightly set-up and clean-up of the gift shop displays. Act as runner for specific merchandise requests. 5:00 pm- through close of intermission, approximately 9:30 pm.
- Ticket Taker: Responsible for checking tickets, distributing wrist bands, and directing patrons into the designated seating areas within the bowl (amphitheater). 5:00 pm- 7:30 pm.
- Floater: Assumes various positions as needed. Flexibility is appreciated as positions will vary nightly. 5:00 pm- as needed.
- D.G. Menchetti Young Shakespeare (Daytime position for most. Bartley Ranch on August 3rd is an evening performance): Help Festival staff to greet patrons and seat young audience members during our FREE performances staged for children. Volunteers are needed at various locations; please review the Young Shakespeare Program schedule to see where we will be performing this summer season.
- “Street Team” Marketing: This position will include helping in the distribution of posters, brochures, etc around the Lake and in surrounding local communities. Opportunities also include staffing booths at various local activities. If you love to interact with the community and people, this is a fun and interactive way to support the Festival. Please contact Volunteer Coordinator to arrange.
- On-Call Volunteer: Whether it’s folding t-shirts, stuffing envelopes or helping set up our beautiful venue, we can always use some extra hands! The weeks leading up to opening night and after closing are just as busy as show nights here at LTSF! Sign up to be on our “on-call” email list to be notified of any miscellaneous needs that may arise.
Please Note: All shift requests will be scheduled in the order that applications are received. For more information, send an email to email@example.com or call (775) 298-0159.
An opportunity for our volunteers to become a part of our Membership program at a discounted price! For $75, volunteers will be listed as $150 – $599 contributors and receive the benefits at that level. Check out our Donor/Memberships page for a list of benefits, and sign up by April 30th to be included in this year’s program. Volunteer Members will also receive special LTSF signature gift and priority volunteer scheduling for our most desirable nights, including the Monday Night and Summer Encore Showcase performances. *Please leave a message in the comment box if you are interested in this program*