Can You Lend a Hand?
What could be better than enjoying a spectacular view of Lake Tahoe at Sand Harbor State Park, while supporting your local community? We rely on our fantastic group of enthusiastic volunteers to help run the Festival each year. As a Festival Volunteer, you will:
- Meet and work with other fun and caring people!
- Support the arts in Northern Nevada!
- Earn FREE Festival tickets!
We welcome individuals and families. For Corporate and Civic Groups, this is a great team-building event. Whether you can support the Festival for a few hours or volunteer for many nights, we welcome you to join our family.
2017 Volunteer Enrollment/Scheduling will begin in May 2017.
Nightly Volunteer Opportunities
- TICKETS – Greet and direct patrons from the parking lot to the main gate and into the venue, answering questions, checking/collecting tickets, distributing will call tickets and wristbands. Physical Requirements: Volunteers must be able to stand for several hours.
Specific positions may be assigned as: Greeter, Box Office Assistant, or Ticket Taker.
- SEATING – Ushers greet and seat guests in all seating sections of the amphitheater including Premium/Table seating, Lower Gallery and Upper/Side Gallery seating areas, interacting closely with patrons and monitoring compliance with theater policies. Physical Requirements: Volunteers must be able to stand for several hours and to maneuver comfortably through the sand and to the top of the theater.
Specific positions may be assigned as: Premium Escort/Usher, Amphitheater Host*, or Floater.
- MERCHANDISE/GIFT SHOP – Merchandise Assistants help Festival staff with merchandise sales and the nightly set up and take down of the gift shop displays. Merchandise Assistants are scheduled to work through intermission.
- 5 to 7:30pm (Pre-Show) – Greeters, Box Office Assistants, Ticket Takers, Premium Escort/Ushers, and Floaters are scheduled to work before the show.
- 5 to 11:00pm (Stays the Night)* – Amphitheater Hosts are scheduled to work the full performance. In addition to pre-show assignments, Hosts assist in collecting trash/recyclables during intermission and following the performance; may be assigned to assist with monitoring theater policies during the performance.
- 5 to 9pm (Stays thru intermission) – Merchandise volunteers are scheduled to work through intermission.
Other Volunteer Opportunities
The Festival has many other volunteer opportunities during and pre/post season. Please leave a message in the comment box if you are interested in any of these opportunities.
- D.G. MENCHETTI YOUNG SHAKESPEARE – Greet patrons, collect tickets, and seat young audience members during our ten FREE performances staged for children. Volunteers are needed at various locations including Sand Harbor, South Lake Tahoe, Minden, and Reno (morning, afternoon or early evening opportunities).
- MARKETING STREET TEAM – If you love to interact with the community and people, this is a fun and interactive way to support the Festival. Help in the distribution of posters, brochures, etc. around the Lake and in surrounding local communities. Support marketing booth activity at other local events.
- VENUE BUILD/STRIKE – We can always use extra hands to help set up and take down our beautiful venue setting/pulling chairs, setting up picnic/dining area – to list just a few possibilities.
- OFFICE SUPPORT – Folding t-shirts, stuffing envelopes, to list just a few possibilities.
An opportunity for our volunteers to become a part of our Membership program at a discounted price! For $75, volunteers will be listed as Associate Level ($150-$599) contributors and receive the benefits at that level. In addition to member benefits, Volunteer Members also receive priority scheduling and a special LTSF gift. Please leave a message in the enrollment form comment box if you are interested in this program, and we will get back to you with more information.
Check out our Donor/Memberships page for a list of benefits, and sign up by April 30th to be included in this year’s Playbill.